View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Alx
User

Default Luger Dummies, where to find ?

What I mean, is dummy Lugers, reproductions that have the EXACT form and size of a Luger, to put in vintage holsters to keep their shape. There are at least two sources of wooden magazines for that purpose, which are a good idea to keep in holsters.
At the Louisville show a few years ago, I found a plastic dummy Luger, perfect shape and extremely detailed. It had some mold flashing that I removed and filed smooth, but otherwise it was ideal
Since then I have seen some other plastic dummies, 'bought one and returned it, that are noticeably smaller, like the plastic shrunk after it was taken from the mold.
Another "dummy", oddly, is a high-quality (pot) metal airsoft Luger by a Taiwanese company called WE, that shoots plastic BBs, the gun costing around $100. Amazing thing, is that not only is it is an exact repro, exact size and shape, but its action is extremely similar to a Luger. It's even made of parts similar and field strips like a P08, not that it matters when used as a holster stuffer.
I still like the plastic dummy better, and even though it is so light, I think that makes it a better stuffer. Anyone know of a source of exact dummy Lugers ? ,or have one to sell ?
I could use a total of four more ...
Alx is offline   Reply With Quote