View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #41
Michael Zeleny
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by postino View Post
In the past, I was a fan of Bo-Mar Combat Sights on 1911 style pistols; now I just rely on a Colt GCNM. Once initially dialed in, I never made any more changes, so the special milling of the slide for the BMCS and fitting a higher front sight was largely a cosmetic modification (I could have done the same with solid sights). But it looked cool, and all the kids were doing it...

I had read your import tutorial, and noted the 'pay through the nose' note. Hopefully, that has improved.

I look forward to pictures of your Werle Luger!!!
Drift windage adjustments work fine for me. Extra complexity and inferior ergonomics of screw adjustments don't. Elevation is a matter of holding over.

Paying through the nose is an invariant of imports. Shipping charges and customs duties are proportional to weight and cost, so apart from application and licensing fees there aren't many economies of scale. Like everything else in life, it's all about relationships, which I am cultivating to the best of my ability.