View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #6
lfid
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

GT - Ive had similar thoughts about making a custom target format sight slider to fit onto the machined slider rail of original luger navy toggle

seems like it should be somehow fixed at the 100 (closed) position and have windage only for durability and allow a blade / notch large enough to be actually usable by older eyes as well as younger , etc

the two slider ramp notches could be locations to allow fastening with side set screws and would likely not require any changes to the slider rail itself

anyway - I do have a spare original navy toggle asy - and I could loan to you awhile for your effort - perhaps offset loan value in trade for some rebarreling/other luger services or maybe for a few of the custom target sight asys when you have success - and then return when you are finished with the prototyping etc - would be a way for you to allocate funds to some other purchase

I think this asy has a small amount of rust on the slider ears and otherwise is excellent orig blue etc

probably the target package would need only only some sort of elevation adj front sight or swappable height front sight to have a complete set

or - if you prefer - I would consider sale of the toggle asy to you for $500 with full insp return privilege

thanks !!! and good luck with the projects
Bill
lfid is offline   Reply With Quote