View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
Zamo
User

I was thinking of this thread while folding the laundry (Guhg!), and made a special trip back here to post this.
I am positive this is a legitimate marking, and was 90% sure from the original post. This thread should serve as a lesson that, despite all of our best intentions, not everyone here knows everything there is to know about these pistols. I think that this board, and Jan's board, are obviously the two de facto best resources for Luger research on the Internet, and therefor globally, BUT, here's the caveat, there is a lot of opinion, and opinion can never be allowed to displace facts.
I don't want anyone to take this as a personal attack, that is far from my intent, and I apologize in advance if it is perceived that way, but if the OP had listened to the first couple of posts, or rather if his friend had, he may have sold the Luger for a song thinking it a mucked up, or forged piece, relegated it to a "shooter", parted it out, or done something really awful like have it engraved or nickel plated!
As has been said so eloquently by others before, information from the Internet is worth EXACTLY what you pay for it. Everyone should always USE MULTIPLE SOURCES TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

My collection:
http://home.comcast.net/~gunspotz/guns.htm
Zamo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to Zamo for your post: