View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

First, Chip, welcome to the forum...

Next, don't ever shoot .380 (9mm Kurz) ammo out of this pistol. You'll damage it.

Next, consider not shooting it at all. Damaging this remarkable piece of history would really devalue it...

You have a pistol that was made before WW-I. Your Luger is one of the later C/B C/U C/G proofed pistols, and dates from 1911 or 1912. It was a commercial pistol sold privately to an officer. I'm pretty sure that the "Prv" marking confirms that it was privately owned at some point in it's history.

It made it through the war, and was taken into service during the Weimar period between the wars (the 1920 mark is a property mark, not a date). It was reworked at that time, and the sear safety was added so that it could be used in police service.

Then it was probably used during the late Weimar period and into the second world war.

The magazine is from the mid to late 1930s. It's probable that your magazine has police markings. Please post a picture of the base. Ah - you just posted it. It is a police magazine with Weimar markings.

I can't judge the finish from the photos, but it's likely that it is either original or a very old refinish.

Your pistol is probably in 9mm Luger. A No. 2 pencil should fit easily down the barrel.

Do you have any specific questions?

Marc
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post: