View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
RC20
User

Marc,

Sorry for the confusion, its been quite a roller coaster ride emotionally. I don't often go with gut feeling so buying this one without in depth research was unsettling and I am not being very lucid about how I am presenting things.

The question on the ejector was if its a numbered item and if its worth getting out to fine out? I don't want to screw it up of course. So leaving that alone.

If I can get the light I will try to get the proof pictures today. My wife has a better close up feature on her camera and that should help. I do see them ok but pretty faint and not sure how they will photograph.

Got it on the WWI ID.

The good news about Alaska is we have low humidity and it seems to have done fine in the holster but will separate them now.

Gerald and Hugh are on the list but am going to take a bit of time to settle out. Nervous about loosing things in shipping. I know I can insure it and FedEx it, but obviously can't replace the grips. Clip has no id numbers on it so assume that can be replaced in worst case. Once I settle down I will be ok.

I know most people would probably chuckle at what I have into this, but for us its a significant amount and to have made a mistake would be hard to deal with.

Shooting it is off the table for now and probably permanently the way my mind is settling out on that subject.

The only planned cleaning will be the barrel. Hoppes 9 to clean it ? Light gun oil and leave it at that?

The rest looks like its fine as is.

And again thank you. All the information and advice I can get is huge help in dealing this correctly.
RC20 is offline   Reply With Quote