View Single Post
Unread 10-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Sieger
User

Rick:

Here are a couple of answers for you:

I lube my bullets with the old NRA formula 50/50 Beeswax and Alox. This formula has worked just great for me for 30 years.

For me, Blue Dot is not an accurate powder in a 4 inch Luger. If you are going to be using your Luger for a flare pistol as well, shoot off a couple of Blue Dot loads at night and you will see what I mean. Also, for me, Blue Dot in an 8 inch Luger is not all that accurate either.

When I first started reloading for Lugers, some 30 years ago, I started out using Unique, but found it really dirty. The newer formula is said to be better, but I haven't tried it.

For FMJ full power loads that function your Luger and are highly accurate, nothing has proven better for me than Power Pistol or SR4756. See my earlier post for specifics.

For a nice light target load that will still perfectly function your Luger, try 124 gr. bullets with 3.7 grs of Bullseye. This is a one holer load.

A good starting place for round nose bullet cartridge OAL is 1.173 inches. Again OAL is critical for proper function!!!

Sieger

Last edited by Sieger; 10-31-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote