View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
RAY1946
User

I think the biggest single item that dictates real value of the item as pertains to Mauser Parabellums is the box it came in and the accessories that are with it!

My first Parabellum is a 9mm with the box,test target, manuel and tool. I paid slightly over a grand, which I thought was high at the time, but now I am thinking I got a pretty good deal.

My second Parabellum was a 7.65mm and it came with one(1) magazine. This gun is a real cherry, nice from the word "go" and shoots really well. It also is one of the very early Parabellums without the radius on the reciever. Paid slightly over seven hundred and thought I got the "buy of a lifetime".

Both of the above pistols have the ever popular 6" barrel and the good old Swiss grips.

I think the real issue of what a gun is worth is really determined by WHEN you buy it. The 7.65 was purchased during December when folks are trying to scrape together money for Christmas and because of this, I think I got a really good deal.

There is another important factor: What the intended use of the gun is. I purchased both of these pistols for the soul purpose of shooting them. I don't believe in "safe queens" and will not own a gun I cannot shoot.............................
RAY1946 is offline   Reply With Quote