View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
RAY1946
User

Default Pilot or Transitional parabellum

Just before Christmas I aquired a Mauser Parabellum with Interarms markings in 7.65mm with a 6" barrel. The pistol was sold with a clip and thats all.

About the same time I bought the pistol I bought a copy of "The Parabellum is Back" and have enjoyed it very much. Yesterday I was reading the "Pilot" and "Production" numberings and there single and double dot patterns and noticed there is something a little different about my pistol.

According to the book, this pistol(10.00.13xx) and my other pistol; a 9mm(11.00.15xx) were in the first shipment to Interarms. I believe some time in January 1971.

My 7.65mm pistol has the same exact number with the double dots on both the frame and the reciever. On the other hand the 9mm(also with 6" barrel) has a number with one dot on the reciever and 2 dots on the frame.

I don't know if this is something out of the ordinary or if it would be specific to one of the 2 groups;Pilot or Transitional? Thanks so much, this book is really something!....................
RAY1946 is offline   Reply With Quote