Thread: 1906 Navy
View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #28
Hugo Borchardt
User

Lance:

Welcome to the forum! Several of the experts here track the surviving examples of rare guns. For that purpose the number is appreciated. You could share it via private message if you don't want it made public.

As Eric said, the number is critical to authenticate and estimate value of the gun as being in the proper serial range and classify it under any sub variation that is applicable.

The serial number also gives peace of mind to the experts here that they are not valuating a stolen firearm, and can serve you as additional provenance should the pistol become lost or stolen from you.

When I ask the expert here for information based on their years of experience and research, I provide them with whatever they ask for, and consider it a courtesy to provide information about my gun during the process that will assist them in their records and research.

Thanks for sharing photos of such a rare early Luger!

Clark

My militaria collection is dedicated to the memory of my Grandfather, Marine Gunnery Sergeant Dave Hill, Jr., wounded in action at The Assault of the Second Marine Division on Betio Island, Tarawa Atoll, 20-23 November, 1943. http://www.tarawa1943.com/pages/casualties%20tarawa.htm
Hugo Borchardt is offline   Reply With Quote