View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,323 Posts

iHola, Miguel!

I checked out this eBay listing and, according to Ron's guidelines for thickness, what is offered seems to be a spring for the 7.65 mm--both leaves appear to be the same in thickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff View Post
The seller will only ship in America according to his ad.
Week before last, I had a similar problem. The German seller of parts for Erma .22's I have, replied that they do not ship to the U.S. I posted my woes, and our very own Gerben PMed me, offering one of his contacts, a gentlemen/gun dealer who could probably buy the parts there and send them to me (It's more easily done with parts than an entire gun.). I certainly plan to repay this kindness directly if the occasion ever arises! But, in the meantime, I could do the same for you, in the event you choose to acquire this eBay offering; simply PM me if the need presents itself. I'm not trying to put our Lugerdoc out of business, of course! And his price is better than the listing, regardless.

Well, heck, this could go for any other forum member with such a dilemma. Just give a holler.

p.s. It irks me that such regulations exist. Lack of universality in this realm smacks of what's called Tribal Thinking--basically an "us versus them" approach to life and society., in which our fellow humans are regarded as something else by a localized group which could be of any size. It leads to imperialism, oppression, and war--none of which is really regarded as a good thing by most of us, save the perpetrators and profiteers of this mindset. It is parochial and closed-minded and selfish.

Better, a global community in which ALL individuals share identical rights and responsibilities, are able to pursue thier happinesses, apply themselves, and prosper anywhere on this planet. I have no problem with expressions of the multitude of separate cultures in an historical sense because we all need to know our heritages and their histories--not to divide us, but to give us each a perspective of who and what we are. As citizens of the world, we could go where we want to go, see what we want to see, and do what we want to do while fearing no reasonable man based on the geographical or cultural accident of birth.

DP
ithacaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to ithacaartist for your post: