View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #58
tx_oil
User

I'm an old school kinda guy. I love steel and wood, and while plastic may be ok for kitchen utensils, I have no love for the combat Tupperware. A Glock, to me, is like a hammer or screwdriver. It does it's intended job, and you put it back in the toolbox. There is a certain mechanical ingenuity , but absolutely NO aesthetic attraction to a Glock. In that sense, I guess it is aperfect VolksPistole and symbol of our time, mass produced, soulless and least-common-denominator driven. It appeals to those shooters who are just starting out, or who have knolwdge of guns only gained from Hollywood. I really don't know and cannot fathom the deep sense of loyalty that a lot of people have for these things, but that is fine. I will continue to acquire and shoot my Pythons, 1911's, Hi Powers, and now, Lugers. My son, who is 15 is just starting to become truly interested in the history of various firearms, told me that the historic guns are important because "they are history you can carry and stop bad guys with". That has a nice ring to it, I think.