View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #9
alvin
User

Doug,

you're right, it's a genuine Astra 900. I referred the text being Chinese version of 'hold me in honor' type.

Michael,

This is a nice historical piece. Availability please see private message.

I was wondering the same thing, "Who's this division commander?" (definitely not 'teacher' in this context), and I found one man with this name in that period.

Chan Kwong Chung, 1897-1949, male, born in Hunan Province, started his career as a 'bandit' himself in his early years (not very surprising, numerous nationalist and communist leaders started their career that way in the Great Turmoil). Later, his group was absorbed into Hunan local army. In 1926, he served as a battalion commander of National Revolution Army and joined Northern Expedition. Starting from there, he joined series of anti-communist Extermination Compaigns and inter-warlords warfare. In 1931, he was appointed as the division commander of the 63th Division, but he lost that position in 1938 due to military failure in fighting Japanese in Shanghai and returned to home. In August of 1949, he organized a "Chinese People Anti-Communism Self-Defense Army" in his hometown. On December 6 of that year, he was captured by communist. On December 25, suppressed.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to alvin for your post: