View Single Post
Unread 03-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #32
1970boss
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Borchardt View Post
While researching something else, ran across a picture of a very similar holster on page 119 of Jan Still's Weimar and Early Nazi Lugers. Looks pretty much identical!

This one was paired with a Weimar reworked Police Luger.

According to the text, this holster is police marked P.B. 130. The conversion from Broomhandle to Luger holster consisted of adding a magazine pouch, loading tool pouch, and a larger flap to cover the magazine pouch.
Hugo,
WOW,that looks identical to it. I think you have solved the mystery. Thank You so much for posting this photo. I wish I had asked My father more questions about the Gun but like many Vets He did not like to talk about the War much. My Mom would push Him to talk and He would finally give in and say a few things but not much. I asked my Mom this week if this is the holster He brought the Gun home with and She said Yes so I knew it was period correct. After looking over the holster carefully I see a very faided round stamp. I will try to photograph it and post it but it may be hard to see. Thanks again for posting the photo. Bob
1970boss is offline   Reply With Quote