View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #16
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick W. View Post
I have had a few of the CMR models of irons. While not super duper, they all did slip onto the Luger arty grip of the day. The curved T-slot's elongated dimension was ok for my needs.

However none of them would begin to latch up. Then I thought, these are hand fitted things. The latch has a cylinder that engages the slot in the back of the Luger grip. It has to rotate from a flat position(to slide it on/off), and as the latch is rotated the cylinder engages the slot on the grip to a morer or lesser degree; depending on fitment.

Kinda makes sense to me that the cylinder's diameter is oversized, it would look like that one can address that himself to fit a particular grip frame. I cannot see the need or want to alter the Luger's grip itself.

The CMR modes have a form of detent to hold the cylinder of the iron in position axially, probably not nice to have the pistol fall off onto the concrete.

The basic stock iron is kinda a hard piece for the average guy to make(Postino project?) as it has a curved T-slot. I have seen the tooling in another posting on the net that does such, but way beyond my basic skills and tooling.
Hi:

Thanks!!!

Yes, I can remember that now.

I think all that I will need, if the irons do, indeed, slip easily onto my lungs, is to lightly and carefully stone down the "cylinders" until they just barely latch fully and snuggly shut.

You are right; as I'd like to be shooting my LP-08 and have the stock fly off of it!! Perhaps, I could even arrange to have this awful signt on You-Tube. By the way, if you do want some good laughs, search "Luger Shooting" on You-Tube and just sit back and enjoy the "action"!!!

Thanks!!

Sieger
Sieger is offline   Reply With Quote