View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2011, 02:26 AM   #16
Michael Zeleny
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wood View Post
Just a thought. Why load up a 7.65mm to hotter specs for "social work"? It doesn't seem like the "stopping power" would be increased, just the penetration. The only advantage I can think of is getting two miscreants to oblige by lining up so one shot gets them both. Now, if you combined the increased velocity with a hollow point bullet that had optimum expansion properties, it might help but then you run the risk of problems feeding from the magazine. As with any self-defense round, the best solution is not the ammo but the expertise of the shooter. Practice, practice, practice…it may not get you a gig at Carnage Hall but it could cause your adversary some grief.
That is exactly my thinking. I am planning to develop some loads in conjunction with custom bullets. What intrigues me here is that the W+F P06/29 is the only centerfire handgun I can shoot faster and more accurately than a SIG P210, either in hand or on the draw.