Thread: 1,000 Lugers?
View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,676 Posts

Albert has long advocated that Luger documents are an overlooked and undervalued part of Luger collecting. I have been slower than he in accumulating these ephemera, but I am gradually acquiring some nice examples. One of these is an original DWM manual in English like Albert’s. Mine does not have an A.H Funke cover stamp but I agree with him that this is the most probable type of manual, if any, which was issued with the Model 1900 U.S. Test Trial Lugers.

As some of you know, the U.S. Test Trials are a favorite topic of mine and over the years I have accumulated a small sampling of the efforts of DWM and Georg Luger to compete in the trials. In addition to the DWM manual I offer the following: A consecutive pair of 7.65mm Test Trials Lugers with an original Rock Island Arsenal holster, a 9mm Cartridge Counter, a reproduction (Krauswerke) .45 caliber Test Luger and a rather worn original copy of the 1907 Test Trials Report (If someone has a more pristine example they would consider parting with, let me know!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Early English Manual.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	19387  

Name:	Test Pair.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	19388