View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #36
silverknife
User

Harry,

I can't really say that Thor is a friend of mine. Perhaps one day, but at this point I have only spoken with him twice on the phone in the context of his restoring my luger.

I do know who John Martz is but my point was not that Mr. Danner does not do quality work, I have not seen his work and even if I had and did not like it, I would not criticize it in an open forum like this. I have seen people post pictures of gosh awful scrimshaw while exclaiming how much they like it and how quickly they got it back. I just shake my head and move on. My point was that Mr. Danner does not appear to have the following that Thor does so it stands to reason that his turn-around time is quicker.

It was not necessary or accurate to call Thor "unreliable and expensive" while speaking well of Mr. Danner. If you like the work and price and delivery time of Mr. Danner no one would question your right to promote him. Simply put, in my opinion it was wrong to denigrate Thor while promoting Mr. Danner.

That Thor's delivery time is longer than Mr. Danner's certainly does not make him unreliable. He told me that it would be a long time before I got my gun back, so I guess I am hoping that he is "unreliable" and he gets it back to me sooner. "Expensive" is a subjective term. Some people think that Fords are expensive while others think that a new Lexus is a bargain.

If your opinion is that Mr. Danner's work is just as good as Thor's, but his turn-around time is faster, and his price is lower, all that could have been said without the personal attack on Ted's character even if you think that it is accurate. It does not seem to me that this is the place for character assasination and my own dealings with Thor do not support those accusations.

Regards,
Doug
Need #23 side plate & toggle axle pin and #01 hold open.
silverknife is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to silverknife for your post: