View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
hansfischer007
User

Smile Thanks and Regrets....

Hey Guys......I just want to give a Tremendous THANK YOU to every one that has helped me in my Quest to get my 1918 DWM back to where I want it.....Ive talked to a number of people that have been suggested to me....so today ..01 Dec....after a phone discussion...Im sending the pistol to Tom Heller (Luger Doc)...who is going to install the 6" barrel for me.....and Bless him...he said he would take a look thru it and see if any of the "innards" need any work....I had not thought to ask that....he is very thorough......after that work is done.....and he sends it back.....Im sending it off to an Engraver that THOR reccomended....to have the 1918 Date put on the receiver.....but honestly after looking at THORS website...he is a dangerous person...now hes got me to looking everywhere for "shooters" that can be rebuilt.....I just attended our Annual Military Show here...and a Dealer friend of mine had a Luger....that had all the finish removed from it....in the white so to speak.....and as at the time had not heard of THOR or knew that Lugers like that could be "reborn"....did not buy it.....it went for a ridiculously low price.......Oh Well.....now just gotta practice my story to my Wife..."Honey..I bought this old worn out Luger for $200"......but she knows when Im lying.....Now as to the REGRETS......my mom bought me the 1918 DWM back in the late 50s.....for $40.00.....the same shop had Navy Lugers.....for $65.00......and the Artillery Lugers were around $100.00......who in the heck would pay that high price for a pistol.???????.....but we all have those memories.......Again Guys......Many Thanks...........Hans Fischer....
hansfischer007 is offline   Reply With Quote