Unread 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sabato View Post
I fired that gun about 400 times, and don't shoot it any more. It is a gun safe queen now, but I never experience any problems with galling using that lube.
I also owned a 44 Automag, with a spare 357 Automag barrel...Fired about the same number of times...The 44 barrel was Magna-Ported, and when I fired it, guys would hang out of the Gun Club windows to watch...

Three foot ball of fire, and an enormous report...I walked up to the outdoor range to fire one day; two guys and a girl firing 22's & 38's...Girl behind the firing line w/no earmuffs...I put mine on, motioned to my ears...She just smiled & shook her head...I shrugged, loaded five 44 Automag rounds, banged them off, ejected my mag & checked the chamber...Turned my head...the girl was running for her car to get her earmuffs...the two guys were laughing their butts off...

Mine was a later High Standard 44 Automag, but the 357 barrel was a TDE...I still have the dieset, for my S&W N-frame 357/44 conversion...

LSA worked fine with this pistol...I used to get the Automag Club newsletter, but gave them all away with the pistol...

Charging the pistol with the hammer down was a real cast-iron b1tch...You really had to c0ck it first, then charge it...and every joint in my arm felt the recoil...

...But it was a crowd pleaser, no doubt about it...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote