View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #45
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

I was at the SHOT show in Vegas this year. We were standing around one of the "eat while standing" tables in the food court when an affable sort walked up. I and another member in the group noticed a last minute "flip" of the guy' ID badge as he asked to join us at the table. He proceeded to pump us for all we might know about the group that was arrested, ( I am casually aquainted with two of them) and had we ever dealt with them, etc? My friend who had been in a better position to see the show badge just prior to the flip gently shook his head so we all clammed up. After some time this guy had not been able to elicit any show gossip from us so he moved away. My friend then confirmed that his show badge had identified him as FBI.
It's not that I am adverse to cooperating with law enforcement. Quite the opposite, in fact. I just didn't like the tactic of seeking information without identifying himself. Any one of us could have gotten his rear in a wringer by dropping idle gossip at that point.

Last edited by alanint; 10-05-2010 at 08:53 AM.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote