View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
cnv2855
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamese View Post
I like the guys that come to Luger -U ask questions........and when they get answers they dont want to hear, they get mad at those who shared info..........

jim
I'm not mad at anyone here, don't know where you would get that impression. I am mad at whoever sold this pistol to her though.

And it has nothing to do with the money. A few thousand dollars is inconsequential to me, but I am disappointed to have to tell her that the gun she spent her hard earned money on; as a gift, is essentially worthless and that she was ripped off.

Personally, I've never been a fan of Lugers, but I can appreciate that there are those that love them.

So my parents want me to keep this gun, because they are under the impression that it's worth... a lot, when it's simply not. I'd rather just take it out, shoot it, mess around with it... but at the moment, it doesn't seem like it deserves a spot in my safe. This puts me in a quandry because I'm expected to keep it and treasure it (and not shoot it ). I would never sell a gift that was given to me, like I said... I could care less if this thing was worth $1,000 or $10,000... it's just that if it was worth more, I'd be more motivated to keep it in my safe for the next 20 years and not bring it to the range.

I have other pistols and rifles worth much more than this weapon and I take them to the range. I just hate burning space and keeping a collector's item that isn't even a collector's item.

So basically it boils down to me having a "shooter" but not being able to shoot it.

I mean the gun isn't for sell and probably won't be... ever. But It'd be more enjoyable holding on to something that may be worth a lot more in the future, rather than a gun that isn't worth anything now and probably won't be in the future. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's the best I can put it into words.

Maybe I can get rid of this one, get a real one... and just tell them that it's the same one.
cnv2855 is offline   Reply With Quote