View Single Post
Unread 08-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Mauser Parabellum mag quirks

Hello to all, I am currently in a small health plateau that has allowed me some time back in the work shop! Between knee and foot surgeries, I can stand an hour here and there at the lathe, or drill press, etc.... (don't know why I put etc.?? That's the only decent two machines I have!....) Anyway, I digress... The more I repair the Mauser Para mags, the better feel I get for interpreting the little issues that keep them from reliable function... Right now, I'm installing aluminum bottoms for FNorm & alterfritz, and... I'm just a skosh away from pulling the trigger on a new spring order from my design and manufacture source... (expensive, but as I see it, the only cure for most!) The plan is to have eventually, aluminum and bakelite bottom options, and three spring options, standard, (just like original, current GTHQ), heavy, (same as current Mauser orig. equip. but a 1000 time more resilient!!! And, a midway between for the few that fall, well, inbetween.......Even today, I'm fitting the aluminum bottoms on FN's, and have already fitted alterfritz's... just need springs... My run of wood bottoms are progressing nicely, but as I make 50+ in a run, with my current situation, it just takes me forever! But, I really like the guys on the forum, and it appears, at least to me, I'm about the only show in town on these things, I'm really happy to try my best to help out... You guys even got me out shoot'en again! Not shooting any better, just out shooting!.. Thanks for all, best to you, til....lat'r...GT

Last edited by G.T.; 08-09-2010 at 11:15 AM.
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote