View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
suum cuique
User

Location: MD / Currently about 9000 klicks east of the Potomac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Most things in two are worth more, but two magazines, what does that get you? 2 mags that are the same with no pistol?

Now, 2 consecutive numbered lugers, that would be cool, and yet why?

Many things we collect really have no basis in fact.

Why is an erfurt with a wrong sideplate worth half what a erfurt with a matching sideplate or even more dramatic, a matching excellent erfurt isn't close to the value of a 80% Krieghoff?
Ed, one thing is the collector's thrill to find something rare.
I thought if I have to buy a set of magazines and there is a possibility to get a #-matching-pair, even if it does not mach the serial # of the gun, then I should go for the "pair" because to find a pair is more difficult as to find just 2 regular period matching mags.
As you know, I have no original #-matching mags for my Luger. I had to buy a few mags from the period anyway to complete my rig as good as I can. (I've bought a correct period tool and holster, too). To buy a "pair" instead of two singles gave me a better "feeling".

Gentlemen, what do you think? What would you prefer?

GT made for me a wonderful set of 2 MecGar magazines with aluminium bottoms which he numberd, you remember the thread, I use them at the range and they are excellent. (Thanx again, GT !)
But as my signature states, I'm still looking for the original #-matching mags and I'm hoping to find them someday.