View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
jimmythejug
User

Update (because I'm impatient): I pretty much have to finish the deal this week. It could be at least a few weeks before it's in my possession, though. I've been chasing around the State Trooper I need to meet up with in order to get my application for another pistol purchase permit processed here in NJ. It takes time.

In the meantime, finances took a bit of a turn for the worse and I'm a little hesitant, particularly because I know I'm really paying on the high side of retail for this gun. It isn't super nice, either; it just appears to be as described, which itself is important.

My justification thus far has been that this gun, even though pricey at around $1500 (no holster or tool, non-matching mag), is a better deal than buying a $900 piece on gunbroker, only to find it to be a fake.

On the other, other hand, there's a pretty big gun show local to me this weekend and I feel *more* confident as a shopper, since I'm been pouring over the forums, FAQs, etc. for the past week. It has been a blast.

Your collective words of wisdom are very welcomed at this point.
jimmythejug is offline   Reply With Quote