Thread: Luger Accuracy?
View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Alx
User

For one thing, a Stoeger stainless Luger is not a P08. It's a poorly made attempt at a copy.

Every German Luger I have ever shot was consistent-accurate in the sense of groups, bur some needed sights adjustment.

Scatter shots from the 1914 and 1941 seems to indicate a lack of trigger control, or inconsistent aiming due to the rear sight notch being difficult to line up consistently.

The standard rear sight notch on a Luger is not conducive to getting a good sight picture, and ON MY SHOOTER Lugers, I find it helpful to carefully file out the notch to a U shape that approximates the regular rear sight blade on most modern guns.

In its trials at the beginning of the 1900's, the U.S. Army found the test Lugers submitted by DWM to be very accurate, and only rejected it for its functioning, cleaning, and precision requirements.

For all we know, it's just the reports of a bunker resident that recount Hitler's shooting himself, but he might have had such extreme shaking that he missed and injured himself with the PP, and had to have someone else finish the job, to put him out of the world's misery.
Alx is offline   Reply With Quote