View Single Post
Unread 07-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #36
bijj62
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Hi:

The grips of a Luger are just as precise of an execution as the rest of the pistol. An original set, or a set newly produced by Nil-Grips of Germany, will completely wrap around the base of the safety, tightly; whereas, a cheap reproduction will fit sloppily here, sometimes even ignoring a proper fit, altogether (see photo above). For a proper set, see the Luger in the opening page of this board

Where I can usually spot a fake is around the base of the safety lever. On an original set, the fit here is almost air tight. In fact, its so tight that it often will chip there, yeilding the "million dollar chip" often seen on a well used Luger.

I hope this short explanation was helpful to all.

Sieger
So instead of asking "hey is your grip chipped right underneath the safety?" You automatically assume its a repo? I'm taking that as a compliment so thank you! Its obvious my gun is sooooo nice certain people conclude that it has to have been redone... I thought in the previous photos it was evident that there was a chipped grip. This was my fault and here are a couple clearer photos. I hope these pictures are helpful to all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001 [1600x1200].jpg
Views:	27
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	13754  

Click image for larger version

Name:	002 [1600x1200].jpg
Views:	21
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	13755  

bijj62 is offline   Reply With Quote