View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #2
Marvin C.

Default Re: D-Date Police Questions,,,

Bob,

Many of the receivers made late in WWI will have the Artillery cut in the receiver. This was done to make use of the receiver in a standard 4" or it could me made into an Artillery. Take a look at the inpsection stamps on the receiver, sometimes a DWM pistol will have an Erfurt made receiver ( I think this is correct, don't have my books with me to confirm) and many of them have this cut. The pistol is peobably all original in it's configuration.

The SPL is probably "Schutzpolitzie Landsburg" with the pistol number. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The RC stamp should be a Crown/RC. This is a stamp placed on the pistol indicating an out of tolerance part, or some other non specification item. This stamp indicates that the pistol/part is OK to use and safe, but out of spec. This stamp absolved the Inspector of any responsibility in case there was a problem in the field. In other words, the inspector was "off the hook" for this pistol. Hope this helps and if I have made any errors, someone please correct me.

Marvin C.