Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

Couple of comments:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newluger View Post
I'm very glad that someone has finally brought up this topic.
Why didn't you bring this up?

Quote:
I guess what I am trying to say, is that by people not knowing, they are paying high prices, and only driving prices up. The guys selling the guns don't care. they get the guns cheep and then turn around and make a few quick buck.
Who says they buy cheap? I'd like to buy some quality guns and sell them for a huge profit? But I notice it doesn't seem to happen much
I just got back from the Allentown show, and sold 1 luger to another dealer, although I sold several other things.

What I notice is that every seller who comes in with a luger thinks their luger is worth $2,000 or more.

And every dealer thinks every luger is worth $2500 or more?

HOWEVER, I have tried to sell guns on auctions such as gunbroker and MY items aren't 'flying" off the shelf at a huge price.

And perhaps using Rock Island or Greg Martin are not the best examples, as they are renowned for higher prices. I have had 2 or 3 guys I know say they were going to sell their collection through them; its simply such a huge name that many folks look there for lugers and I think unless you can see them in real life, you're taking too much of a chance; as your ending bid, PLUS the commission and shipping realy ads up.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote