View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Default Springs'n'things???

I've been messing around with some of my shooters, and up until now.. I was just happy to get them to work...... But recently, I've been paying more attention to trigger pull and other seemingly simple modifications, that are in reality, pretty difficult to do without compromising safety and function... So, getting them to work as issued is relatively easy, as all the springs are usually stronger then necessary, probably for military requirments as well as other un-known issues... But when i start thinking about reducing some of the tensions, I realize how the different springs interact with the guns function, and also with other springs functions... For instance, a lighter main spring, and lighter firing pin spring could do wonders to lighten a trigger pull, as well as the trigger return spring, and sear bar return spring... but how far is going to be to far?? When do you end up with a full auto Luger, or one that won't always go off?? ...... food for thought.. best to all, til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote