View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Pistol Whipped
User

Default My Mauser Brromhandle and Lugerman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieger View Post
Pistol Whipped:

Ten years ago, I had a problem with a "merchant" in Germany.

As he had used our mails to commit his fraud, I reported it to the Postal Inspectors, here, at the USPS. I had full documentation, and developed a detailed, and documented, outline of the fradulent events.

It took me some six months, but they pursued the case with the German equivalent of our FBI (Bundes Kriminal Ampt). I finally got my $2,000.00 back from the crook, and I bet he had to change his underware after the B.K.A. was done with him!!!

I'd call the United States Postal Inspectors in Washington, D.C. and get their input. Rather than spend a lot of your own money, let them do the ground work.

Believe me, when they show up at his door investigating Mail Fraud (a Federal Felony), you will get your money back right away!!!!!!!!

Sieger
I've been holding off from posting anything regarding my issue with Lugerman (Eugene Golubstov) because I've been waiting to see his reaction once I threatened to cry havoc and slip the dogs of war. This is what has transpired since I posted my message here.

On June 1st I emailed Eugene Golubstov (aka: Lugerman) asking when the Mauser Broomhandle I sent him over a year ago would be ready. His reply was 4 weeks. To my disapointment he again failed to follow through. 4 weeks passed and nothing more was heard from him. As much as I did not want to it was time to move on to plan "B".

I handed the matter over to my lawyer. He sent two letters of intent (one certified mail, one regular mail) informing Mr. Golubstov that if my gun was not ready by August 1st all legal remedies would be pursued. Once I was certain he had received the letter of intent from my attorney I sent him an email of my own. I spelled out to him that I would report the gun as stolen and charge him with Larceny by Conversion and report him to the BATFE, the local police where he lives, the Pennsylvania Attorney General and since this transaction was made through the the US mail it would also qualify for mail fraud so the Post Master General would also be notified. And I would also sue him in small claims court in Pennsylvania. I had already made the arrangements for all this to happen, all that was needed from me was to make one phone call to my lawyer to start the ball rolling.

This time he got the message. For the next two weeks I received updates on the gun's progress. On August 1 he told me the gun was finished and sent me eight photographs of the finished product. I will now send him payment first thing Monday morning for $500 and then I will call my lawyer and let him know that we will not have to peruse the legal option after all, which was what I was hoping for all along. I never wanted to make trouble for the guy, I just wanted my property back.

But I have to be honest here, if the photos of my Mauser are accurate he has done a fantastic job. As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures here I'll put them up. But this situation now puts me at a bit of a conundrum. There are not too many guys out there doing this kind of resteration work, and If it wasn't for the fact that the guy strung me along for over a year I would use him again but my past experience makes me very reluctant to risk a similar one with him again.

It's obvious to me that Eugene Golubstov knows what he is doing and does fine work but the guy is just unreliable when it comes to communication and meeting deadlines. If he had told me from the very beginning that it would be a year before he could get to my pistol I would have been fine with that. Instead he dodged and obfuscated and in the end I had to play the heavy. I hated doing it but it worked.

So now I'm looking for someone who can restore a shooter Luger for me. I've heard terrific things about Thor and that he's accepting work again. Do any of you know if this is the case? If he is I would like to contact him and see if he would be able to do this for me.
Pistol Whipped is offline   Reply With Quote