View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
WWoodworth
New User

Default Need help with value of 1917 Artillery

Okay, long story short... A friend of mine passed and I volunteered to help the daughter handling his estate dispose of his guns. He's got about 10 pistols and I've got a handle on all but 2 of them as to value. The one that is really holding me up is a Luger. I have been directed here by members of ARFCOM as being the place of people who can give me a fairly accurate idea of how much to ask for this thing. And here's what it is....

1917 DWM Artillery model, numbers matching (except for magazine), 4 digit SN, 99% finish (muzzle wear from being in original holster, reblue?), including mint condition buttstock (repro??), the cleaning rod, the takedown tool, and holster rig (thinking this is a repro?). It's pretty much immaculate.

I've seen asking prices on them ranging from $1350 to over $5K on the net, so there's a lot of wiggle room there. I'd like to be able to get as much as possible (one of his daughters is challenged and requires care), but obviously don't want to price it out of its actual value range.

So, what say the experts?

Thanks!

Woody
WWoodworth is offline   Reply With Quote