View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #85
Silvereagle29
User

Jan

Thank you very much for your kind words. Jan, I have always appreciated your keen ability to attempt a little character assassination here and there. You worry to much, many of your followers still believe your the Luger King!! Also please keep in mind that "Jan Still" may be big time, but there still is a little room in Luger collecting for few others.

Now for some facts..First of all I have provided information to Luger collectors for many many years, as you remember I helped you a great deal while you were writing "Third Reich Lugers" and later books. Fact is, you came to my home and stayed for three days taking pictures and discussing Lugers. Obvously, I had something to offer at the time.

Just because I fail to provide you with any Luger information; doesn't mean that I just set around and steal information from your website. As you can see, I really didn't like your accusation and assumptions. I have provided information and related data to hundreds of collectors, via the Postoffice and email. Just today I mailed out six packets of magazine data and Mauser Luger information. Chances are I will get more numbers for the "master magazine list" hopefully several more Mauser Luger serial numbers. Jan, I just don't want to become involved in your "pushing contest". In addition, I rather doubt that I will be asking your permission to continue my research anytime in the near future. Maybe some of the guys that I have helped in the last 30 years will stand up and be counted. On the other hand; I suppose to disagree with you might get one removed from "Gunboards. My email address is < drh@oz.net > in the event you want to send some more of your famous criticism

Actually, I didn't realize you were the owner of the Luger Forum; I'll make every effort to "read only" in the future. As for collecting Luger data, I'm also many years ahead of you on that issue too. I was searching for Luger serial number data in the early 1960's Once in awhile there is a number on your list that Is not already recorded in my file. I see numbers on your list that could have only came from me in a round about way. I also see a lot of information posted that could have only been a result of my research. Information passed on as a result of data mailed to other collectors. I certainly wouldn't send you a nasty note indicating you should do your own homework.

In the future, I will continue to provide any information needed by Luger collectors, just as I have in the past. If Mr Still realized how much information that I provide collectors, he wouldn't post such nasty comments. Besides Jan, one day you will see all of my numbers. Good Luck.
Don
Silvereagle29 is offline   Reply With Quote