View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2001, 02:00 PM   #12
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,429 Posts
Default Re: Bill M

Bill , In my opinion a luger that leaves the factory is in a transition and it will never be original again. Every time it is picked up or shot it changes, going downhill. You may think that people cannot be fooled by restrawing but a re-straw and a trip to the tumble polisher to add a little wear and presto changeo. As I have said before if you find the pistol of your dreams at a gun show you want to escape with it out the door befor anyone knows what you have found. Bad light and other less than desirable circumstances tend to color our observations.I personally use a $600.00 pair of surgeons magnafying glasses to look over many of the pistols I come accross. Holsters and tools too. Besides I read the forum, NAPCA magazine, and try to keep up with all the tricks of the trade to discover fakery wherever it is found. I always appreciate whenever people tell me of any faults they know about but it dosen't have to change hands often to lose the provenance. That's what this forum is good for is to exchange these thoughts. Good job guys! Jerry