Thread: Navy
View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #26
LugerVern
User

Ron

This has nothing to do with the side plate, it deals with usage marks. What I wanted you to see at the FGS web site was that all but one of the 06â??s have considerable recoil marks just forward of the side plate. They also show ware marks on the grip safeties.

Ok, it is true that if a gun has seen very little usage there might not be any of the ware marks I am talking about. I too have a couple of nice 06 Lugers that have seen minimal usage and they do not show the ware marks, but again we are talking about guns that have seen very little if any usage, this is not the case with this gun.

Below is a picture of the guns internals, look closely at the hold open and the leading rearward edge, you will notice that it is worn. Now look forward of the hold open on the flat of the frame and you will see where the breech block has worn a channel into the frame, this takes awhile to happen.

So we have a gun with almost no usage marks externally but considerable usage marks internally. The only way that this can occur is if the exterior surfaces have been refinished.

Look at your guns, how many of them have a channel worn down the middle of the frame?

I know I am fighting an up hill battle but there is no way I am going to be convinced that this gun has an original finish, if others want to believe thatâ??s fine.

Vern
LugerVern is offline   Reply With Quote