View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Can anyone post a photo essay on the original flat mainspring used in early Luger pistols? I don't think we have ever had a good photo essay on these...

Even better, does anyone have a blueprint and specifications for the early Flat Mainspring? Perhaps if the specs were available, some enterprising hobby blacksmith type could produce some for a jingle in their pocket.

Perhaps someone who has a spare spring could lend it to me so I could produce the photo essay and possibly create a modern blueprint...

I encourage any member who can provide either quality photographs of this type of mainspring... or the blueprints, or lend me a spring long enough to make the photographs, to contact me either here in this thread or via Private Message...

How about Hugh Clark? are you listening Hugh? You are good with your camera, and I would wager you have at least one original spring in your gunsafe... even if it was being used... Can you take some good photos, perhaps with a machinist scale ruler in the photos for perspective? or how about Ron Wood? Got your ears on Ron?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote