View Single Post
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
davidkachel
User

I fly with one pistol all the time. I sort of understand their concern, but the whole routine is monumentally stupid.
They are supposed to examine the weapon to make certain it is not loaded. Most of the time you get someone who cannot tell the difference between a loaded weapon and a hot dog with sauerkraut.
I have had airline clerks pick up guns they admit to knowing absolutely nothing about and start manipulating them to see if they can figure out how to determine if they are loaded or not. This is an incredibly stupid thing the airlines are forcing people to do. What if the damn thing WAS LOADED!!
Then the TSA idiots have to get in on the act, as if they had the slightest idea what they were doing. They have to open the suitcase to see if the gun case is in there, because lord knows lots of people lie and say they have a gun in their suitcase when they really don't! Then they have to open the gun case and duplicate the same stupidity the ticket clerk already committed.
Now let's see... prior to all the anti-gun stupidity and metal detector nonsense, back in the days when I could and did carry a pistol on my person on every flight, and so did all my friends, and much of America I'll bet, the number of accidental firearms discharges in the passener area or in the baggage compartment were, um, let me see now, oh yeah now I remember... ZERO DAMMIT!!!