View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2001, 01:55 AM   #5
Terry

Default Re: I need help to ID my gun

All,

Thanks a lot!! All the info is really getting me into finding out more. However, I must confess, this is my father-in-law's gun, not mine. I really appreciate the info! I'll try to provide more info in the reverse order it was asked for, so last question first, here goes:

There is a gap between the end of the receiver and the start of the barrel (at the bottom), as viewed from inside the chamber with the action open. There is also a large "notch" at the top, intersecting both the barrel and receiver. Not sure if this is what you were asking. There is no "punch mark", like on the bottom (outside) of the barrel. I'm not sure what kind of safety it has. It's a thumb lever that moves up and down. The only obvious difference between "safe" and "fire" is a small piece of metal that rises on the left side and disrupts the firing pin by keeping a spring from moving part of the slide to the left.

The mag has another symbol besides the serial #, but it looks the the American version of the cursive "p", not a 1, 2 or 3.

The rear grip strap has a number that differs from the gun's serial #, it's an 11, but the second digit differs from the first (like a different font punch was used).

If this doesn't answer the question, what do I look for to determine the type of safety it has?

Also, is there 1 definitive resourse that would give al this info in a consolidated volumn? Thanks again for all the help and info. You guys rock!!

Terry