View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:32 PM   #16
Johnny Peppers
User

Default Re: 1900 Luger (Con't - for Bill)

Kyrie,

Respectfully, cordially, etc, etc, etc, apparently you don't want to let go of this; so how do you know that I made any statements that were factually untrue? You do not know any of what I said to be factually untrue. You do not factually know what the original range of the test pistols were, and you do not know under what circumstances the pistols were sold. You may have an opinion as to how they were sold, but you have no factual knowledge. All you know is what you read in one 25 year old book, and much of that was also someone's opinion. This forum has always been great due to the varied opinions presented here, but when opinions are presented as fact, credibility is then lost. It is not a fact that if someone changes a numbered part of a Luger that the Luger then becomes a fake. That is merely one person's opinion, has no basis in fact, and is extremely rude for our guests to be accused of fakery when they broach this subject.

I will be the first to admit that my limited knowledge of Lugers is such that whatever I submit to this forum is my opinion, but is arrived at from the best research material available. I may have done it, but I don't recall ever making a statement and then telling the forum that it was fact just because I read it in a book. When someone has all the facts, and writes the book, I will be among the first to buy it.