View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
cool steel
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Wood
Your uncle didn't do too badly. It looks original to me and is only worth about 40 to 50 times what he paid for it (maybe more). It is a 1914 Variation Navy and, according to Jan Still's "Imperial Lugers", is one of only about an estimated 7900 pieces produced in 1916.

From the photos, it does not appear that the gun is properly assembled. The front of the receiver does not line up with the front of the frame. I suspect that the "T" hook on the rear toggle link is not engaged with the mainspring transfer lever.
Boy you don't miss much. LOL - I took the gun apart to check all the serial numbers and was in a rush to take some pictures that I did not re-engage the "T" hook when I put it back together.

Wow. I think that I will have to break it to him gently that this gun may be worth a heck of a lot more than he thought. Heâ??s getting up there in age you know.

Thanks for the information â?? I donâ??t remember seeing any information on the term â??Variationâ? Navy, so I will have to look more into that.

You also answered a question that I had about why I couldnâ??t find much information on a model 1916, being that it is a 1914 model produced in 1916. LOL

Thanks again.
cool steel is offline   Reply With Quote