View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
ratdog
User

Here is the story from my end, you judge first before I reveal names.
I first contacted or he contacted me around Sept 27 about a 41 Luger. I posted pics to several members on opinions, was told it looked good, but several members said it was overpriced at 1450$. I told the seller if he would take a deposit and I could have the balance for him in about 10-15 days, he said fine. No talk, that I could find in any emails, about a refund if I backed out of the deal. I was waiting for some funds to clear before I sent him the deposit, I finally got around to sending the deposit (600$) about 10 days ago, and requested the holster be sent before I sent the balance for the pistol. Holster arrived Tues. this week and was not what he described. So he offered today to refund the 250$ minus 50$ shipping and restocking fees, which he told me earlier he was a private seller, not a dealer, so what type of restocking fee is it to put the holster back on a shelf in the closet?!?!?!!? His defense is he passed on at least 4 buyers to hold the gun till I got the money to send him, which I understand, but to keep 400$ for 2 mos. waiting is to me a little out of hand. Most people, including me would say "money talks" in a situation like that.
My argument is if he misrepresented the holster the way he did, what is the likelihood he would do it with the gun also? So that made me back out of the deal, and he refuses to return the deposit but refund 200$ for the holster.
That is the story, and true I took 2 mos to get the deal going and he held the gun for me, but was it worth 400$ of his time, I am willing to allow him 150$ for the botched deal, but then again he brought it on himself by offering a sub par holster and not being fully honest in its description.
Let's see if he replies to this forum before I reveal names.......................Bruce
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote