Thread: k-dated S/42
View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2001, 07:22 AM   #12
Marvin
User

Default Re: Confused

Bill, G.T., Tracy; all you guys make some really good points on the imported Lugers whether they are the Russian Capture, or East German reworks. In 50 years I will probably not be around to know what the value of the pistols will be so I will look only at the short term for the 20 or so years. I agree that they will never have the following of a true collectible Luger, nor will the value ever increase other than inflation in the short term.

I do prefer the collectible Lugers in the 95%+ condition and that is what most of mine are. I bought the East German rework because it was a nice, early pistol and what I considered the best East German rework I have seen. I felt that this would be considered more collctible than the regular Russian import, but you never know this fickled world of collecting.

Anyway, I have only had about 2 hours to look at the pistol and still have a few months to make a firm decision on what to do. I appreciate the comments from all you guys on this; it is great to have you guys to count on for help.

Marvin