View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
swedeluger
User

Default I found this Luger on the attic

Hi all members on Lugerforum,

I am a Swede who bought a summerplace at the Swedish and Norway border in Scandinavia some weeks ago. When my wife was cleaning out the attic she found a wooden box with a brown-black holster. In the holster there was a complete Luger. I do not now so much about pistols, but you recognize a Luger who you see in all the warmovies. What I would like to ask the forum members is to help me identify what type of Luger I have really found on the attic. I would really like to know so much I can about the Lugers history.
The Luger is in very good condition if you think about it being on a attic for maybe some 50 years.
I send some pictures on the pistole.
There are two magazine. One in the holster that have a buttknob i wood. The other without wood. There is a number 2415 on the barrel and on the body. The number 2415 is also on the knob to the magazine. On the handle there is a big brass plate (see photo) that have the Letters and numbers LAS6 / 1. I have been studying your section "Markings", and found the "DWM" insignia on the topp of the Luger.
On the barrel there is a marking that are very smal and look like the proof you can see on the "Proof 1" number 4. It is a crone with a "N".
On the barrel and the body of the pistole I have found "Luger Suffixes" looking like a L that could be "1918 LP-08".
My question now is if somebody could help me and tell me what type of Luger I have found?
Regards / Erik
swedeluger is offline   Reply With Quote