View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
Parabellus
User

Thank you Ron, David, and Pete,

Three thumbs up makes me feel really goodâ?¦.as does holding this bit of history.

Now the questions begin. Some must seem quite basic but here goes.

How is barrel length measured? For the LP08 I get about 7 1/8 in. from the muzzle to the front of the receiver; about 7 7/8 in. to the breech. For the P08 I get just about 4 inches shorter. I would guess that official measurements are metric. When someone says he has a 7-inch Navy, a 6-inch American Eagle, or a 4-inch barrel; what is likely to be the true length?

There is no number on the rear toggle pin nor on the firing pin retainer. Should there be?

I would suppose that the ramp sight is graduated in hundreds of meters. If I find a way to hold it steady enough to accurately zero the sight is it advisable to invest in the adjusting tool and attempt it? Is there a standard range at which to zero?

Can anyone tell about the unit mark 'III.221.112.'?

If I can get clear pictures of the tiny markings on the barrel and receiver I will post, along with mag markings, which look similar in placement and character to the aluminum I have. From the Tech section I gather this Luger has standard DWM proofs 1914-1918 and British import/capture proofs as well.

Once again this forum and all of you are my primary resource for knowledge, information, guidance, and inspiration as I indulge my new passion.

Many thanks,

Russell
Parabellus is offline   Reply With Quote