View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default UPDATE --- SOS Dinner Event

Updated 2-6-06 :

As of today, 2-6-06 over 25 folks have indicate they will attend the SOS show and the dinner event. I suspect this listing will continue to grow in the next 2 weeks.

As a dinner event of more than 15 folks gets to be a bit difficult to handle, I would like to suggest two dinner events; one on Thursday night and another on Friday night.

Most folks that have responded would like to see the cost option # 2.

The split between folks wanting to attend the dinner event on Thrusday versus Friday seems to almost be spilt evenly.

If 2 dinner events sounds like the way we should go, will someone organize and mangage the friday night event (in my absence...since I will fly back home then) ?

Will someone volunteer ? Most important task for this volunteer is to choose the restaurant for Friday night and make dinner reservations once the head-count for Friday night is known.

I will keep 2 sign-up sheets at the Jerry Martin/George Anderson tables at the SOS shown and would ask that our dinner folks sign up while at the SOS show for either the Thrusday or Friday night event by 2 pm of the respective day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to organize a "dutch-treat" dinner event for members and fellow collectors at the upcoming SOS show in Louisville, KY for Thursday night, 2-23-06.

If you would like to join the group, please let me know you are interested so we can pull a head-count together for dinner reservations.

You can let me know on the forum or via my email at pebbink@pacbell.net

Hopefully we can have dinner around 7-7:30 pm...

Also let me know what price range for dinner costs you might be interested in as this will help determine what type of restaurant we should select :

1. Less than $ 15/dinner

2. $ 15 to $ 30/dinner

3. Over $ 30/dinner

I will also have a "hard" sign-up sheet on Jerry Martin's/George Anderson's table. Please try to sign the sheet by 2 pm on Thursday, so I can call our reservation into the restaurant...

If you have not signed up on the List at the show, I will assume you will not join us (even though you may have indicated on the forum you would...). This is the only way we can get a true idea of head-count before we make the reservation (and I leave my credit card info. with the restaurant to hold the reservation...).

(As a special treat...I understand one of the attending members from Belgium has offered to provide some nice wines for our enjoyment as well at dinner...which he will travel with to the show.)

Look forward to folks joining us at the SOS dinner event !!!
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote