LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Commercial Lugers (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Can anybody find Prvi Partizan 30 para ? (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=38825)

LogDog1 08-08-2018 01:57 AM

Can anybody find Prvi Partizan 30 para ?

Just bought a commercial 30 cal. Does not eject the brand of 30 para I got at a specialty store ( not Fiocci ). I hear this is common and Prvi is the best brand for 30 para but I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Previous owner said he used Prvi since others would not feed. I do not want to order a lot of Fiocci by mail and pay for an FFL ( nobody carries Fiocci 30 para otherwise around here ) if it wont work

Bill_in_VA 08-08-2018 06:58 AM

Aim Surplus is my go-to for PP .30 Luger. Bear in mind it’s not a nationally popular cartridge so it’s not always available, but it is in stock often enough. Keep checking back with them.
For what it’s worth, you can mail order ammunition directly. You don’t need an FFL to do it for you (and add his mark-up.)

HerrKaiser 08-08-2018 07:29 AM

I got Fiocchi from Lucky Gunner for my .30 Luger and it worked just fine, they delivered to my doorstep as well.

DonVoigt 08-08-2018 08:16 AM

" I do not want to order a lot of Fiocci by mail and pay for an FFL ( nobody carries Fiocci 30 para otherwise around here ) if it wont work"

You won't know until you try it- probably a 50% chance Fiocchi will work in your particular luger.
PPU will be available next time they make a production run.

HerrKaiser 08-08-2018 10:06 AM

Side note, how is Prvi partizan pronounced? Like “privvy”, “Pervy” or just P-R-V-I...?

Edward Tinker 08-08-2018 10:52 AM

well, it would never occur to me to say 'pervy' ;)

I just say Privvy - but PPU is easier. But then you could watch their video (if they had any words ) https://www.prvipartizan.com/

PPU seemed to function in my carbine the best, so went looking a couple months ago. None around, however, now the large pawn shop in Deer park has a case of it, so bought four boxes.

Edward Tinker 08-08-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LogDog1 (Post 318340)
....... I do not want to order a lot of Fiocci by mail and pay for an FFL ( nobody carries Fiocci 30 para otherwise around here ) if it wont work

you don't have a state listed, so you must be wrong, as no state except California requires ammo to go through an FFL :D

LogDog1 08-08-2018 11:13 AM

yes i live in Ca . Yeah I know , the people's republic of. As long as PPU makes it sometimes i will be ready for the next batch. Just wanted assurance they did not stop making it. Nobody sells it around here and Krausewerk has 30 for a premium price but it's a long drive, the stuff is a brand i've never heard of and is probably old, and it did not cycle to boot.
I,m pretty far coastal so shipping to a neighboring state is not practical.Got a great deal just after the law changed:(

DonVoigt 08-08-2018 11:51 AM

It would be helpful to the rest of us if you would just say what the other "brand" is.

Edward Tinker 08-08-2018 04:38 PM

hah hah - subtle hint that it helps us to know your state. nobody but mods can see your last name, unless its in the title like mine ;) :D

anyway, ensure everything is very smooth on your 30 luger, and if the mainspring is strong enough / too strong. Again, not sure if you have a 1900 or 1908 type ;)

Lugers are great shooters, but can be finicky, once you find a round that works, I stick with it, although I am not a huge shooter....

ithacaartist 08-08-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Tinker (Post 318351)
you don't have a state listed, so you must be wrong, as no state except California requires ammo to go through an FFL :D

Under the S.A.F.E. Act, online sales to New Yorkers are still legal, but the buyer must go through a licensed dealer in the state and pick up the ammunition in person. A background check for all ammo sales was originally part of the Act, but has never been implemented.

I've received ammo from auctions that was just stuck into a small Flat Rate box and mailed directly, which breaks USPS rules as well as the SAFE Act. I don't complain about it, though...

LogDog1 08-08-2018 08:36 PM

I have to get the box out of the garage and i am at work . I seem to remember " stainless or something like that i never heard of . Makes me think it was reloads but they were like $.80 @ which is not reload price. Came in a very plain cardboard box. Seller said that PPU worked best when he shot it and Fiocci was not good. I could take it to Krausewerk to have them look it over but i would pay less for a thousand rounds of PPU and I would still have the ammo if it did not solve the problem. I do have a couple of 9mm ones and tried all of their mags but no help.

LogDog1 08-08-2018 08:37 PM

Krausewerk said it was a standard commercial 1920s model if that helps

LogDog1 08-08-2018 08:40 PM

Aim and everywhere is out of PPU

DonVoigt 08-08-2018 09:10 PM

There is some at my LGS, but you don't want to order it anyway- due to shipping charges/costs at FFL on your end- if I read your post correctly.
They won't ship to CA anyway- so I guess you have to wait till PPU is re-stocked in CA.

LogDog1 08-09-2018 01:47 AM

or restocked anywhere

CRob 08-09-2018 05:33 AM

The last gun show I went to one table had three boxes and I bought all three. So I would watch the shows if they have shows in CA.

LogDog1 08-10-2018 11:15 AM

Yes they do have gun shows but sucks to spend $20 to get ammo only . The brand I was shooting and did not cycle was " Metallic Cartridge Specialties" which comes in a plain white box and lists no address. Likely reloaded brass.Wish I could post a pic but my 18 year old is off to college.

LogDog1 08-10-2018 11:18 AM

Paid about .80 per for it too. bought only 100 though so not in too deep

DonVoigt 08-10-2018 03:57 PM

$40 a box- I'd return the full box. Ammo is supposed to work.