LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Holster Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Luger Holster with Brooks stamp (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=38417)

tharpo 03-25-2018 11:05 PM

Luger Holster with Brooks stamp

2 Attachment(s)
I saw this holster at a gun show this weekend. The holster looks commercial and has "Brooks" stamped on the inside and on the lid. Sorry for my cell phone photography. Can anyone identify the holster?

Tom

MP38 03-26-2018 08:05 AM

Any photos of the back?

Matt:cool:

George Anderson 03-26-2018 08:33 AM

It's a police issued holster.

sheepherder 03-26-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Anderson (Post 314841)
It's a police issued holster.

...Owned by Our Miss Brooks??? :confused: :rolleyes: :D

abukafura 03-26-2018 10:50 AM

Sheephrder....you are REALLY dating yourself.

tharpo 03-26-2018 11:48 AM

Sorry no pictures of the back. The back appeared to have WW2 style stitching with no markings. What holsters have the leather patch covering the stud on the inside of the lid? Normal Police holsters don't have this.

Tom

MP38 03-26-2018 01:03 PM

If there's no markings on the back, I would say most likely post war.
Was it for sale? If so, what was it being sold as?

lugerholsterrepair 03-26-2018 01:26 PM

What holsters have the leather patch covering the stud on the inside of the lid? Normal Police holsters don't have this. Tom, A commercial MIGHT have been made this way but anyone could glue a round disc on there at any time so it's hard to say.

The fact that there is no cross tab on the front top for the closure..East German holsters have this feature.

The "Brooks" looks home made and is certainly not any kind of commercial maker mark but a name of an owner IMO.

Edward Tinker 03-26-2018 01:33 PM

I haven't noticed any east german luger holsters - that looked like this ?
but I may have missed them...

the leather tab I have noticed on converted holsters - there is a discussion on Ja Still site right now and a member is asking about a couple of holsters. He called them commercial - I don't disagree but I would call them police style for sure...

-----

what was stamped on the front? or inside of the lid, so hard it came through?

lugerholsterrepair 03-26-2018 01:43 PM

I haven't noticed any east german luger holsters - that looked like this ?
but I may have missed them...

East German Police holsters didn't use the tab on the front but they often didn't have a tool pouch either.

tharpo 03-26-2018 07:34 PM

MP38,
The seller had a bag of holsters he had just purchased and didn't know much about them. I was trying to help him identify them and this was one of them. There were several Portuguese luger holsters, a 1937, a 1941, and a Hi Power holster in the bag. No prices had been determined.

Tom

MP38 03-26-2018 08:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tom,

Thanks. Was just curious. I still think it's post war DDR, and I agree with Jerry on the "Brooks" marking.

Ed, I've attached a photo of a DDR Luger holster for you. As Jerry says, they often look like this, though rarely have the tool pouch inside.