LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussions (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Doesn't Look Good For Us! (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=37637)

cirelaw 09-06-2017 01:05 PM

Doesn't Look Good For Us!

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...443.shtml?cone Putting up storm shutters Port St Lucie. Going to shrink wrap 21 lugers and lots of leather! Live near coast between the 2 MMs.This Suggs!

DonVoigt 09-06-2017 01:11 PM

Eric,
Maybe better put them and all in the car and head north?

guns3545 09-06-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cirelaw (Post 307546)
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...443.shtml?cone Putting up storm shutters Port St Lucie. Going to shrink wrap 21 lugers and lots of leather! Live near coast between the 2 MMs.This Suggs!

Eric,

Take care. This could be a bad one!!

John

Puretexan 09-06-2017 01:38 PM

Not knowing your situation ...age money and the such. After just going through this last one, it was just rain for days and days. 61'' to be exact, I would be planning a trip to see the Grand canyon right about now if I were you. Nothing will change if you stay and try to ride it out. I was pretty sure we wouldn't flood but facing a cat 4 would have changed my mind.
I have lived in Houston area for 67 years and been through all that came through but getting way to old to face another high wind one.

cirelaw 09-06-2017 02:00 PM

Were have been a few before.The worst would be sitting with thousands on I-95 north to nowhere. We lease and don't live on a flood plain! We have sewers and city water. Because we are disabled the Homeowners" Association has installers coming to install our steel storm shutters in our garage! We have a generator and may not need them as after Andrew the put up concrete lines and underground power! Debby will protect me and our lugers. I'll try to keep our adopted family up to date! God Bless! Its great to know we have friends who care!! LuvYa!

Puretexan 09-06-2017 02:11 PM

I will send yall some prayers and keep my fingers crossed.

cirelaw 09-06-2017 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We just got the call, the installers are on the way! I'll post so happy pictures!I luv America, We take care of each other when we can!!

Paul, The Texans showed us just what we are as one!!

My last picture before the storm shutters~Good Bye Alligators!

Puretexan 09-06-2017 02:40 PM

Yeah the best part was when hundreds of fishermen got their boats in all the flooded
neighborhoods and saved lots of lives . The news kinda skipped by all the work they
did and kinda gave credit to the National Guard. I know they did a lot too but the fishermen really saved the bacon.

Sergio Natali 09-06-2017 03:00 PM

Eric

Goodnessd for a second I though you were joking.

I don't know what to say, apart from that I will send you & famly my prayers and hope everithing will end well.

Please keep in touch mate.

Sergio

cirelaw 09-06-2017 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have very close friends that worked on shrimp boats. Years ago they caught plenty of square grouper!

Up to 185mph, installation $50/ window or door! Worth any price! Those poor people in trailer parks!

mrerick 09-06-2017 04:17 PM

Eric, when I first heard that the storm was heading to Florida, you and your family's safety were first in my thoughts.

I know you've lived through these before, and have a good idea what to do. This one is exceptional and has a good probability of doing structural damage.

i've been through 8 hurricanes up to a category 3 on the coast in North Carolina. We're about a mile inland from the ocean, and a mile from the Cape Fear river. Most people don't understand that it's not 185mph of air blowing at you, it's a 185 mile per hour wall of accelerated water.

You'll continue to be in my thoughts. Please let us know you're safe.

cirelaw 09-06-2017 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost done!

wlyon 09-06-2017 06:27 PM

Eric
The best to you and Debby. Bill

cirelaw 09-06-2017 06:33 PM

Thank you Bill! I will keep you all posted as long as I can!!

DonVoigt 09-06-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puretexan (Post 307561)
Yeah the best part was when hundreds of fishermen got their boats in all the flooded
neighborhoods and saved lots of lives . The news kinda skipped by all the work they
did and kinda gave credit to the National Guard. I know they did a lot too but the fishermen really saved the bacon.

No one mentioned the NG, at least that I heard- all the news coverage I saw was how great the "Redneck Navy" was doing their best to help people- and on their own dime.:)

Eric,
do the best you can and stay safe.
Put those tubs of lugers up high. ;)

cirelaw 09-06-2017 07:02 PM

The Red Neck Navy were out of Texas and drove those 8 foot tall trucks and are credited for saving so many lives and haven't finished~ Americans Saving Americans~

alvin 09-06-2017 07:07 PM

I just heard my wife talking about this coming one at dinner table. Sounds scary.

cirelaw 09-06-2017 07:36 PM

Where are you??

Puretexan 09-06-2017 07:40 PM

Well I don't know about you but, if I'm standing chest deep in flood waters, Would I
rather be saved by 4 soldiers in an overloaded rubber boat....Or a few good Ol boys
in a cool bass boat...with a cooler full of cold beer.

sheepherder 09-06-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puretexan (Post 307588)
Well I don't know about you but, if I'm standing chest deep in flood waters, Would I
rather be saved by 4 soldiers in an overloaded rubber boat....Or a few good Ol boys
in a cool bass boat...with a cooler full of cold beer.

I guess that would depend on what color you are...And what flag they're flying... :rolleyes: