LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Inside view of a hobby business! (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=35548)

G.T. 04-07-2016 11:23 PM

Inside view of a hobby business!

Hi to all! I have a few projects that I must apologize are pretty long in the tooth!..:(........ So, it is always a great sense of relief when I complete one and actually get it out the door! The following is a note I wrote to one of my best customers, to inform him that his order, now finished and sent, was near completing! It goes as follows!

Hi XXXXX! Well, I though I'd fill you in on how your order is progressing? ...;).......

As it has been "in process" for quite awhile, I took this one straight to the top, the company president, which is my wife Carol. And, after inquiring as to the current status, she remarked, "Why are you standing there staring at me? Get busy and get it done!" So, I went to the GM in charge of fabrication, (which is me!) and put our trust in his hands, he immediately turned the project over to his senior craftsman (which is also me!) with an emphasis on the urgency of the project, and instructed him to produce some positive results! The senior craftsman, (me!) summoned over his best journeymen worker, (which is me!) and his most dedicated apprentice, (which is me!) to instruct them, and along with the janitor, (which is me!) to clear a workspace and acquire the necessary items and tools to complete the project from start to finish! The apprentice was send off for supply and contacted the tool room for materials and related items. And the tool room manager (which is me!) eagerly requisitioned the necessary items and had the company courier (which is me!) deliver them immediately... By this time, the accounting office personal (which is me!) contacted the shop, and gave the go ahead to put this project in front of any others and proceed with all due haste! The journeymen and apprentice, (both of which are me!) immediately balked at the project as they had never successfully done this type of procedure before, and turn it back over to the senior craftsman, (which is me!) Who, with no apparent issues, completed the project in a very professional and timely manner... We have now sent the completed parts down to inspection and assembly, (which is me!)... And while they (me!) complete the magazine, the journeymen and apprentice, (me and me!) are drilling the fxo bottoms in the fabrication department.... Soon all will be sent over to the shipping department, (me!) and we will complete the project within the week... The president of the company has already received the funds pre-paid by you, and she says, "Thank you!"....:D..... Clearly this is a well run company....;)......... Thanks XXXXX, best to you, til...lat'r...GT.......:cheers:

And so it goes! Best to all, til...lat'r....GT.....:cheers:

tharpo 04-08-2016 01:19 AM

To G.T. and all your personnel :): Keep up the good work!

Sergio Natali 04-08-2016 02:22 AM

Gerald

I would say ths is what I call an excellent "customer service"!

Kind regards.

mrerick 04-08-2016 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll bet this is what it looks like when you call an "all hands meeting" of your staff:

Lugerdoc 04-08-2016 09:14 AM

GT, Nice disartation. I know the feeling. TH

DonVoigt 04-08-2016 09:24 AM

What GT says is true, he is truly the best one man and one woman(boss of course) shop in AZ!
Well Jerry is there too, but then sometimes he is somewhere else too.

I do believe one of those projects is for me! ;) , hope so anyway.

Seriously, thanks to GT for all his work and help over the past year or so, since I fell into and off the
luger band wagon.

wlyon 04-08-2016 09:53 AM

GT
Thanks for running a great Company. Good help is always hard to find and your employees are top personnel. Bill

John Sabato 04-08-2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlyon (Post 286668)
GT
Thanks for running a great Company. Good help is always hard to find and your employees are top personnel. Bill

Yes, Gerry... make sure you are paying your employees enough, no matter how much fun you have along the way. :bigbye:

hayhugh 04-08-2016 01:12 PM

Sounds like a full shop meeting should be called to see if there is a quorum to consider a union shop????

Olle 04-08-2016 01:39 PM

I can relate to all that and my organization is very similar, but I also have that lazy bum who would rather sit and surf the Internet, rather than work... :D

John Sabato 04-08-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle (Post 286681)
I can relate to all that and my organization is very similar, but I also have that lazy bum who would rather sit and surf the Internet, rather than work... :D

If THAT guy can get the other employees to do the real work while he surfs the internet, he is the smartest one of the bunch! Is his name Tom Sawyer? :D