LugerForum Discussion Forums

LugerForum Discussion Forums (https://forum.lugerforum.com/index.php)
-   Holster Forum (https://forum.lugerforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Help please (https://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=34822)

policeluger 09-25-2015 12:57 PM

Help please

I've just come into a brown minty ++ holster, but what is brothering me is there is not a date/proof mark anywhere on the thing, pictures will only show a beautiful holster so did not take any any yet.....is this correct for a brown WW1 era, I think, holster.....came with with a very nice 1917 Erfurt gun, but for now just the holster we are going to worry about.....this all will be offered for sale......thanks to all..

John Sabato 09-25-2015 01:10 PM

Looking forward to seeing the photos Howard...

policeluger 09-25-2015 01:12 PM

I do not know how to load pictures, ??

alanint 09-25-2015 01:42 PM

Howard,

Go the "Advanced" section below when replying. It will prompt you to attach photos from your computer or other connected source. If you have digital images on your computer and you know how to find them, (I always move photos I'm going to post to my desktop. It's easier to get to each one that way), you can easily post them.

policeluger 09-25-2015 07:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by policeluger (Post 277580)
I've just come into a brown minty ++ holster, but what is brothering me is there is not a date/proof mark anywhere on the thing, pictures will only show a beautiful holster so did not take any any yet.....is this correct for a brown WW1 era, I think, holster.....came with with a very nice 1917 Erfurt gun, but for now just the holster we are going to worry about.....this all will be offered for sale......thanks to all..

attached photos

policeluger 09-25-2015 07:45 PM

OK after a long struggle on my wife's part here are the pictures.....from what you can see is this an original holster????thanks

policeluger 09-26-2015 12:44 PM

OK eveybody, went through heck to learn how to post the pictures you wanted.....now please grade holster.....thanks......

DonVoigt 09-26-2015 01:18 PM

Well, you need to go through a little more heck, and post more pictures, like of the inside of the top flap and hinge area.

Be patient, the experts will be along.

I don't like the leather or the color, but it is much easier to spot a
repro than confirm an original.

I don't know what you have, sorry.

policeluger 09-26-2015 02:48 PM

I've sold more Luger stuff with fewer, and sometimes none, pictures.....you guys have asked for everything but a DNA test......consider it sold.

Sergio Natali 09-26-2015 02:57 PM

Howard

Respectfully, I think that here people asked you for more pictures simply to give you the best possible help.

Best regards

Sergio

policeluger 09-26-2015 03:00 PM

thanks, it's OK lets move on......

Ron Wood 09-26-2015 03:39 PM

Howard,
I for one appreciate the effort you put in to posting photos. From the two photos you have managed to post, it is still difficult for folks to determine what you have. Photos of the inside, particularly of the top ("lid" and tool pouch) might help. From what I can see from a non-expert opinion, it appears that there is a combination of machine and hand stitching, so it comes down to the fine details to judge original from repro.
At this point I am inclined to think it may be an original period example. But the lack of any maker marks and a few indications of machine construction makes final conclusions difficult. Please do not consider the lack of response to your query as indifference...it is just a hard call.
Ron

DonVoigt 09-26-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by policeluger (Post 277642)
I've sold more Luger stuff with fewer, and sometimes none, pictures.....you guys have asked for everything but a DNA test......consider it sold.

So have we all, no need for the attitude. JMHO.:eek:

George Anderson 09-27-2015 08:51 AM

Howard, it appears to be a pre WWI officer private purchase or commercial holster. I have a few like it with no markings.

policeluger 09-27-2015 10:05 AM

pm sent......thanks

wlyon 09-27-2015 10:12 AM

My best guess would be a commercial holster. Bill

zinfull 09-27-2015 11:45 AM

This is why I like this forum. I would have not given this holster a second look and called it a repo. The tool marks and vertical belt loops looks like some cheap knock off. I will have to research the commercial side of the holsters. Thanks

lugerholsterrepair 09-27-2015 01:13 PM

thanks, it's OK lets move on......Well that saves me a lot of trouble! Thanks!

DavidJayUden 09-27-2015 03:14 PM

C'mon Jerry, I've been waiting 2 days for your opinion...
dju

lugerholsterrepair 09-27-2015 03:25 PM

It's a horrible fake. Howard, I know you don't care to know the truth as you say you have sold it..but I bet the thread will glow neon in blacklight. There are an even dozen reasons why this OK looking holster at first..turns out to be made recently. I am pretty busy working on real holsters..if it were someone who posted who is looking for real knowledge..I would take the time but not for someone with an attitude who doesn't care.